SEO or SEO copyrighting which is the techniques that are worn to promote sites in search engines deal with text. The internet has grown significantly over the last 12 years. 91 percent use search engines frequently, with Google having the largest market share at 67 percent behind it is yahoo with 10.3 percent share. Since people are using search engine to find products and services. SEO is important for your business to be found by customers online.
- Search Engine Optimization is what SEO Stands for.
- Optimization of a web site for Search Engines is what SEO is all about.
- Designing and developing a web site so as to rank it well in results of a search engine.
- To improve the volume and quality of traffic to a web site from search engines.
- SEO is a division of search engine marketing.
- Art of ranking in the search engines is what SEO is.
- Understanding how search algorithms works is the key feature of SEO marketing.
Planning to do basic SEO?, Before you start with the basics of SEO it is essential to understand how search engines work and have a basic knowledge about which items are most important in SEO.
Why do we need SEO?
SEO will give you high visibility on search engines thus, giving you more traffic to your website and a higher chance of getting leads, conversions and sales for your business. SEO remain a potential part of successful online marketer’s arsenal. It is and also will be basic and necessary ingredient for successful online marketing.
Working of a search engine
In order to deliver search results search engines perform several activities
- Crawling is a process of fetching all the web pages linked to a web site. This task is performed by software, called a crawler or a spider (or Googlebot, as is the case with Google).
- Indexing is the process of creating index for all the fetched web pages and keeping them into a giant database from where it can later be retrieved. Essentially, the process of indexing is identifying the words and expressions that best describe the page and assigning the page to particular keywords.
- Processing when a search request comes, the search engine processes it, i.e. it compares the search string in the search request with the indexed pages in the database.
- Calculating Relevancy Since it is likely that more than one page contains the search string, so the search engine starts calculating the relevancy of each of the pages in its index to the search string.
- Retrieving Results – The last step in search engines’ activities is retrieving the best matched results. Basically, it is nothing more than simply displaying them in the browser.
Often search engines such as Google and Yahoo regularly update their relevancy algorithm sometimes dozens of times in a month. When you see changes in your rankings it is due to an algorithmic shift. Although the basic principle of operation of all search engines is the same, the minor differences between their relevancy algorithms lead to major changes in results relevancy. Today 70 percent customers prefer articles over advertisements when it comes to know a company.
SEO has been from a long time and is here to stay.